Welcome to How To Work In Travel,
this is the definitive guide to how the travel industry works and how you can land a job in travel. As a seasoned tourism executive currently working for a major international tourism board, I will introduce all facets of the travel industry to you in step-by-step, easy to digest detail. Although there are books out there that help you to leave your job and explore the world full-time, this is the only eBook that will help you to make travel your professional career. You do not need to sacrifice income and lifestyle in order to see the world. Let me show you how!
What you will learn
What you will learn
- Learn the Industry
- 147 packed pages of information on all aspects of the travel industry
- Dozens of exclusive diagrams that explain the tourism value chain
- Important travel industry trends with explanations
- Insider knowledge on cutting edge information sources
- Over 100 travel industry terms and vocabulary explained in detail
- Meet the Players
- A look at tour operator and travel agent careers
- Unfolding the hospitality industry – jobs with airlines and hotels
- Understanding the support structures of the travel industry
- Detailed background on the function of government organizations
- Start Your Search
- Sample travel job descriptions
- Detailed salary guides with real-life examples
- Calendars of all major travel trade shows globally
- Comprehensive org charts of tourism boards, airlines, embassies, agencies, hotels and more
- Listing and tourism contact info for 180 different countries
- Make an Impression
- Sample resumes
- Presenting your travels, study abroad and other skills
- An overview of how to utilize social media platforms
- How to present your credentials in the most relevant way possible
- A special section on mega events – careers with the Olympics and World Cup
- Most people buy this guide specifically because their career has nothing to do with the travel industry. This eBook will teach you everything you need to become an expert on the travel industry and apply the skills you do have to take your career in an exciting, new direction.
- Now is the time to start! With the information in this book you will know exactly where to start and where you can take some risks to kick off a career in travel.
- Along with the book you will get my personal contact details. I am happy to assist personally as much as possible.
- Just let me know you are not satisfied within 60 days and I will be happy to refund you. I stand behind my product and want to help you however I can. If you are not satisfied, neither am I.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Long before I worked in the travel industry, I was a traveler. I’ve been lucky enough to explore 80 different countries on all six inhabited continents and have had the chance to both live and work around the world for most of my professional career. I’ve worked on major international projects in Australia, China, France and South Africa and I continue to circle the globe several times each year. I share many of my travel experiences on Style Hi Club.
What if my current career has nothing to do with travel?
What if I’ve never actually traveled anywhere?
What if I have questions that aren’t answered in this book?
What if I don’t find this eBook useful?